top of page

These temporary visas allow you to travel to Australia to:

  • Holiday and/or visit family and friends in Australia

  • Study in Australia for up to three months

  • Engage in business activities while in Australia, provided you:
    – Do not work for or provide services to a business or organisation in Australia
    – Do not sell goods or services to the public.


This visa has four streams:

  • Tourist stream – For people travelling to Australia for a holiday, recreation or to visit family and friends. If you apply for this visa in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted. If you apply for this visa outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.

  • Business Visitor stream – For business people travelling to Australia for a short business visit. This includes attending a conference, negotiation or meeting. You must be outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is granted.

  • Sponsored Family stream – For people travelling to Australia to visit their family. You must have a sponsor and you may be asked to provide a bond, which will be held by the Australian Government and returned with interest, after you have left the country. You must be outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is granted. You cannot apply for another visa after you have arrived in Australia.

  • Approved Destination Status stream – For people from the People’s Republic of China who are travelling in an organised tour group. You must be outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is granted.


The department will tell you how many times you can enter Australia on this visa.


  • You may be allowed to enter only once. If so, you will need to apply for a new visa if you want to return to Australia again after you leave.

  • You may be able to travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid, but the time you spend in Australia cannot be more than the period of stay that you have been granted.

Are you considering living in Australia or travelling around to sightsee and need to do some work to substantiate your expenses? In most cases you will need to be between the ages of 18 and 30 to be the eligible age to apply for this visa.


Initially this is a 12-month temporary visa from relevant countries, but there are ways to be granted a longer stay under this visa category.  

If you are interested in a working holiday visa, please contact us


These visas are a great way to learn about Australia, our culture and living standards prior to considering a more permanent move.

You may be eligible to work in Australia if you are sponsored by an Australian business to fill a nominated skilled position.  For this you need to:

  • Have your skills, qualifications, experience, and employment history matching the requirements of the position you are filling

  • Meet health and character requirements

  • Have health insurance and be the holder of any relevant licences or registration required for the nominated position

  • Demonstrate your English language ability.

This is quite a complex visa involving a three-stage process.  All three stages can be submitted together.

  1. The employer applies to be a sponsor.

  2. The employer nominates a position.

  3. You as the employee apply for the temporary visa, to enable you to work in the nominated position, with the approved sponsor.


If you meet the criteria, there may a transitional pathway from a temporary to a permanent outcome for this visa.

Please contact us today to discuss your particular situation, if f you are interested in this visa category.

If you have been working in your position under your approved employer, you may be eligible to apply for the permanent ENS visa.

Alternatively, if you have not worked in the Australian labour market, you may still be eligible for this permanent visa.  Some of the criteria you need to meet for direct entry stream includes at least three years work experience and a positive skills assessment.  This visa is also ideal for people applying from outside of Australia or holding an existing temporary work visa who are not yet eligible under the transitional scheme.

If you are being sponsored through an employer through a negotiated labour agreement or regional migration agreement, this visa may be of benefit to you.  There are certain criteria for the nominator or the business owner to meet in this visa category.


Given the complexity of this visa we recommend that you contact us for a full explanation and an assessment of your eligibility.

The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visas are for skilled workers from outside Australia or skilled temporary residents who currently live and work in Australia. 

You can apply for these visas if you wish to live and work in regional Australia.  Regional Australia is determined by post codes. 

This regional pathway assists in the growth of regional Australia.  If you are interested in this pathway, you can commence on a temporary visa and then transition to a permanent arrangement dependent upon your occupation and the location of employment.


Contact us if you have any questions, we would love to help you. Australia has some awesome regional areas with beautiful communities to embrace you.

bottom of page