top of page

Family Visas

Let us take care of the stressful side of bringing your loved one to Australia. Visas in this category include, but are not limited to:


  • Partner Visa – These visas are for people who are married, or in a de facto relationship, including same sex couples. After two years has passed from the date you lodged your partner visa application, you may be eligible to apply for a Permanent Resident Visa – often referred to as a Stage 2 Partner Visa.

Partner visas are quite involved, and strong evidence of your relationship needs to be proven. Minor mistakes can make your application invalid, meaning a waste of your time and money. Don’t risk it – speak to us first. ​We love helping our couples with these applications, and we understand how lonely, and stressful it can be living apart from the one you love so dearly. We feel so blessed to be able to share the good news with our clients, when a visa is granted after spending a long time with them, during the application and waiting process of this visa. We do recommend however, that you find the right person to assist you because you will be sharing a lot of personal information for the partner visa application. You must feel comfortable with the person who will be working with you.

  • Prospective Marriage Visa – If this is approved, you will be able to bring your fiancé to Australia for marriage within a nine month period of their arrival. Once you are married, you will then need to apply for a partner visa.

Child Visas

If you have a child born in Australia, your child will not automatically gain Australian citizenship – unless at least one parent is an Australian Citizen or permanent resident at the time of your child’s birth.  Children born outside of Australia, to permanent resident parents will need to apply for and be granted a permanent status visa to be able to enter and remain in Australia with their parents.

  • Orphan Relative Visas – This visa is for children under 18 years of age whose parents are unable to care for them. It allows the child to travel to and live permanently in Australia with an Australian relative.
    Please contact us if you are seeking to bring your orphan brothers and sisters to Australia to live with you.  We always find it very touching to be able to reunite families, and to see orphans being placed in the homes of their relatives in Australia.  Some of our clients, tell us that “their life is now complete” when they have had a successful application.

There are other categories of child visas within the Australian Immigration Law system as well.  Please contact us for further information in regards to your specific requirements.

Parent Visas

There are several parent category visas, depending on your circumstances.  You must have settled Australian ​Citizen children, or permanent residents of Australia children ​living in Australia before you can apply for the parent visa.  A limited number of parent visas are allocated each year, and the waiting time for a decision can range from up to 4 years for a contributory parent visa, and as long as 15 years for a non-contributory parent visa.


  • Contributory parent category – Contributory parent category visas have a higher second instalment for each adult parent, an assurance of support or bond which is held for 10 years.  These costs are high because they make a contribution towards any future health and welfares costs – hence why they are call “contributory” parent visas.

  • Parent category – more recently a long-term visitor visa has been introduced to the Australian Immigration system for parents wishing to visit for a 3 year or 5-year term. If approved, parents can remain in Australia for the full term of the visa; or can enter and exit Australia as many times as they wish during this period. Some of our families have found this visa a great way for their parents to spend time helping with the care of grandchildren, while the parents work. There is no need to meet the balance of the family test for this visa. It is a temporary visa that will not lead to a permanent resident status, but for some families this is ideal. It can be applied for twice - giving a span or 6 or 10 years. As parents are visitors, they cannot work in Australia. 

Please contact us or complete the free online assessment for a more detailed analysis of your specific needs.

Resisdent Return Visas

Only Australian citizens have an automatic right of entry to Australia.  If you hold a permanent visa you have the right to remain in Australia indefinitely, however if you choose to travel outside Australia, you must ensure you have authority to return.  Usually a permanent visa will allow the holder to travel into Australia for up to five years from the date of grant.

You don’t want to get stuck trying to come back into Australia after a great holiday.  if you have held your permanent resident visa for 5 years and wish to re enter Australia you will need to apply for a resident return visa.  To make sure you don’t get stuck give us a call today.

bottom of page